There is no doubt that it has been a tragic season for me and the ones that I truly love. We recently lost my beloved grandmother, and everybody knows how much of a light she is for us. With the most beautiful and warm welcoming smile she always paints on her face, she is surely going to be greatly missed. But as Mitch Albom puts it, “When someone is in your heart, they’re never truly gone.”
This would have been a ‘Life Lately’ post, but I’m at a point in my life right now where I would not want to dwell on what had happened in the past few weeks. So let me tell you about my life at this fleeting moment.
Wow, I missed my page so much! It’s been a while since I last posted something personal. But yay it’s finally summer (more like rainy) vacation and I can’t wait to catch up on (1) sleep, (2) Grey’s Anatomy, and (3) this blog!! Okay, how about a recap of school shenanigans?
Last Halloween weekend, I stayed over at my cousin’s house with my other three cousins. We only planned on staying in, swimming at the clubhouse, having movie marathon, cooking and eating, and just plain bonding. All these things changed, except for swimming because we badly wanted to dip in that day, when my older cousin decided to bring us to Sky Ranch Tagaytay. It was rather an impulsive decision, for it was not planned at all, and we were not sure if our parents are going to allow us and say yes. Luckily enough, they said yes, granted that we won’t be too long.
Imagine a Friday night with your favorite ice cream and a good movie. Sounds great, right? Now imagine another Friday night, but this time, with your favorite album on repeat and a good book. Sounds great, as well, doesn’t it? This time, imagine a Friday night with your favorite tv series and a whole box of pizza just for you. Heaven, it is. But what’s your idea of a Friday night, really? Is it staying in just like these or a fun party with your fun friends? Whatever it is, we all know what would make us happy on a Friday night.
FIRST FEW WEEKS OF SCHOOL
- Most of my classes require alphabetical seating arrangement, which, for all of your information, I really hate. My surname starts with V so yay I get to sit at the back. Ngh.
- Our professor in Computer hasn’t shown up yet so we’ve been having early Monday dismissals since.
- I’m taking my last three units of Advance Spanish this semester, which I really am excited about. However, my schedule for that class is Fridays, 6-9 pm. Bummer, right? It’s not only so hard to commute, but also I feel so drained when I get home. Well, you really can’t have it all, can you?
- I bring packed lunch everyday so I get to save my allowance for other more important things.
- Indian Literature is killing me. Help!
- My first-ever Blogging 101 experience has just ended last Friday, August 14. I’m really glad that I came across the DailyPost’s post regarding this year’s blogging 101 courses. Now I can say that somehow my blogging’s improved.
- I met a lot, and I mean, A L O T of nice bloggers there. They’ve helped me big time with my blog, with all those feedback that we’ve exchanged on The Commons.
- Award nominations! I got two, the Liebster and Premio Dardos, which, honestly, I didn’t expect because I was just starting. I truly appreciate the nominations from Anand, Ingrid, and Kate; I don’t know if I’ve thanked you enough for those. Yay!
- I’ve also registered to Blogging 201, I hope I could keep up.
- Meh, I have this house-school-house routine once again and I’m not sure if I could have some exciting tales to share anytime soon.
- Oh, this one’s exciting… I’m a registered voter!!! I turned 18 this year, and earlier this month, I submitted all the requirements to our Commission on Elections and had my bio-metrics registered so I can vote next year. I think this is one of the most important happenings of my life, because finally I will be able to practice my right of suffrage and somehow make a difference by voting the ones that I believe are going to be good for my country. Anyway, the whole process and other story will be in a different blog post. Watch out!
So these past weeks, there’s this trend on Twitter #GrowingUpWithStrictParents. I kind of followed this hashtag since I grew up, and still growing up, with strict parent/s. Luckily on my part, I am an only child so that made my parents only extra strict. Yay!
*kindly note the sarcasm* [read more]