I’ve reached that point in my life where responsibilities can never be avoided, also known as, adulthood. It includes cooking my own meal, which honestly, is something I have yet to master. So I decided to include it in my 21 before 21 bucket list!
I didn’t want to overwhelm myself with all the cooking that I have to do, so with the help of Tasty, I tried the easiest food to make. Chicken wings!! Just in time for my monthly cravings, if you know what I mean.
I searched for the simplest recipes available, then tweaked them according to the ingredients available (in my house and at my local market) to make a whole new recipe of my own.
So here’s what you will need:
- 1kg chicken wings, chopped
- 1 whole pack of original-flavored breading
- 1 whole pack of garlic-flavored breading
- 2 medium eggs
- 5tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 whole garlic
- a pinch of salt and pepper
Very cheap and easy to find ingredients!
And here’s what you need to do:
- after washing all the chicken wings, dip them in your beaten eggs and roll them in flour/breading mixture. Add a little bit of salt and pepper.
- deep fry chicken until golden brown. let it cool.
- in a separate pan, mix minced garlic, honey, and soy sauce. let it boil and stir, then remove heat.
- toss the deep-fried wings into the pan with the sauce mixture.
- serve hot!
See, it’s very easy! Even a beginner like me was able to pull it off just right. According to those who ate my food (
my mom and my boyfriend), there’s still room for improvement, but they also said that my chicken wings are good enough. Isn’t that we all want, to be good enough? LOL
It was quite challenging for me, since I have always had guidance and help during the cooking session. But for this particular dish, I didn’t have any! I’m so proud of myself.
Do you guys have an easy recipe that you’d be willing to share with me? Pleas please drop them in the comments and I’ll try them out! Thanks!!
Love and light,