Last year, I just wished to have an “okay” new year. But ever since January, blessings almost overflowed my basket and I couldn’t be any more thankful and grateful. From my friends and family, to the ones who left and the ones who stayed, I can really claim that 2015 has been MY year.
So in this post, I just wanna share the things that this year has taught me.
- Expect the unexpected.
– Surpises aren’t really surprising. But you will still get surprised. Life will throw you a curve ball in the most unexpected times and you must always always always be ready to bat. Either you’re gonna fall down and get up, or you’re gonna hit it, score a homerun, and win the game. Whatever it will be, just always be ready.
- It’s okay to ask for help.
– We must acknowledge the fact that we do not and we will never know everything. The people we meet everyday know something we don’t. So if you find yourself lost or confused, it’s okay to seek help, it’s okay to ask for it. Just because you need help, doesn’t mean you’re weak. It means that you’re still a person and there’s still more to life that we’re going to learn than we know it.
- Stay calm.
– And don’t panic. Problems are there to “nerve you up” and not to make you give up on life. Don’t overthink, contain yourself. If you’re going through something, just go through it and never stay there. It will somehow solve itself eventually.
- Give endlessly…
– Not just because it’s Christmas time, but because it feels good to give. And we are supposed to share our blessings.
- …without expecting anything in return.
– We lose the essence of giving by the time we expect something to be given back to us.
- Your efforts will always be worth it.
– Nothing will ever come to waste because in the end, it’s you who did it and it will always feel good. That good feeling is enough to say that the efforts you’ve exerted are very well paid already. Remember the first time we told ourselves to work hard for it because it will all be worth it in the end? It’s true.
- Trying something new is scary.
– But you will learn and you will enjoy. It may take some time and some bumps along the road, but look again at #6. Old is good, but new is better. Sometimes all we need is to shake things up a little.
- It’s okay to be alone (or say NO)…
– There will come a time when all you will need is a time for yourself. It’s okay to say no, to turn down some invitations, just because you don’t wanna talk to or even see other people. It’s all right. We all have those moments.
- …and enjoy every single moment of it.
– Take this opportunity to have fun all by yourself. From staying in to going out alone, always cherish the moments for yourself. Just because you’re alone, doesn’t mean you’re lonely. Or have to be lonely.
- Fight for the things (or person/s) you love.
– You don’t give up on them easily. If they’ve done you wrong a million times, always remember that one reason why you’ve loved them in the first place.
- Appreciate the people around you…
– It’s not always you meet strangers who, eventually, become a part of your life for a long time.
- …and the things they do for you.
– Having them in your life is already a blessing, but what more if they make you feel alive and complete? Feeling lucky enough?
- Never give up.
– You’ve come so far and now you’re giving up? Why? I mean, giving up will never do you any good. It will only give you something to think about at night. Failed a couple of times? It’s natural, we’re ought to learn little by little. As the saying goes, “try and try until you succeed”, because you will only regret the things you never tried.
- Say thank you.
– And learn to appreciate. Always. It’s the least thing we can do to show our gratitude. We may not be able to give back as much, but at least acknowledge their efforts and say thank you.
- Love yourself.
– No, this isn’t a Justin Bieber song, I’ve never heard of it. Do yourself a favor and always take good care of yourself. Know your worth and know what you deserve. You deserve all the happiness in the world and never let anyone tell you otherwise.
2015 has just been so good and I couldn’t have it any other way. I am so ready for you, 2016!!!
Love and light,