Ever since -ber months started, the cheapskate in me has risen. I decided to save up my allowance so when December comes, I would have enough to buy presents for the people that truly matter to me and, of course, myself. Christmas indeed is the most wonderful time of the year as it brings out our most generous selves, compared to the other days of the year. This is when the saying “It is better to give than to receive” is most accurate and true.
I have never had a concrete wishlist before, as I like getting anything from anyone. From thoughtful Christmas cards to the most expensive material things, I truly appreciate everything that I receive. Especially when it’s the holiday season, everything just seems to be romantic and meaningful. But now that we’re here, I wanna share with you a simple list of what I would like to get this Christmas…
- Chucks Taylor All Star II – I’ve never been a ‘sneakerhead’, a pair classic Chucks is enough for me.
- Wishbone necklace – I’ve been looking everywhere for this for four months now, but I guess Christmas is the perfect time to get this for myself.
- Peanuts 2016 Weekly Planner from Moleskine – Truth be told, I kinda wanna be an organized person, and I wanna start next year for real. Also, I’m a HUGE fan of Peanuts, so this one’s just perfect.
- Peanuts plush – What did I tell you, I’m a Peanuts fan. (I’ve seen the ones I want at SM Store, I’ll get back at y’all)
- LRW200H-732V Casio Watch – I’m not really particular when it comes to accessories, but this model’s simplicity and gold hand analog caught my eyes. Something I could really use on a daily basis.
- Macbook Air – I still have a very well working laptop, but hey, Apple aesthetic.
- GOOD GRADES – Gotta stay in the Dean’s List!!
Those are just the things that I have originally been saving up for myself, but if Santa Claus receives this list and if he thinks I’ve been in the NICE list and decides to give them all to me, then why not, right?
Of course, my family always gets a little bit of something from me. But I think I wanna be extra thoughtful, if not this year, someday.
- BAGS AND SHOES – for my Mom!!! She works hard enough to provide for my needs so I want to give her anything she wants (lol as if I’m rich)
- KITCHEN APPLIANCE – Again for my Mom!! I want our kitchen to feel brand new for when she does the kitchen work (make me clean the house, do the dishes, everything but cooking; I don’t have the skills) Also for my grandparents in the province!! Simple living is the best, but you gotta treat them once in a while.
- HOUSE AND LOT – For me and my Mom!!! Well, first I gotta graduate and get a decent job and save up and then I could give her a dream house and lot. LOL
- SOCCER GOALKEEPER GLOVES – for my cousin/uncle!! He plays football as a goalkeeper. I’ve seen him in action and wow, is he great! New pair of gloves for the star player, yes?
- Princess Diaries Complete Collection – for my cousin/best friend/sister! She’s a huge fan of Princess Diaries so I wanna give her the complete set of the novel. Oh, and a lot of bookmarks, too.
- MORE BOOKS – for my other cousins!! We like to read a lot, it’s like our bonding moment.
- MOVIE TICKETS – for my cousins as well!!! We also love going to the movies together, or simply having a marathon at home.
- SPA/HOTEL/RESTAURANT COUPONS/ACCOMMODATIONS – for my aunts and uncles!!! My oldies but goodies aunties and uncles deserve to relax, too.
It’s not really that much, but I know all these things will mean so much to my family.
Clearly, Christmas isn’t called the ‘Season of Giving’ if we’re not going to give back even in the smallest way we know. Fortunately, I recently became a member of our society and faculty’s Community Development Team and/or Outreach Committee. In this simple way, I will be able to join our activities in helping the communities to grow and develop. The team has been planning and executing giving back activities especially when it’s Christmas season. Also, SM Cares Bears of Joy campaign is one way I can take part in the season of ‘gift-ing’!
As a student, I have big dreams of giving back and helping the people I love and those in need. For now, I’m studying hard and I know I’m already taking one step ahead in reaching those dreams.
Happy Holidays, everyone!!!
Love and light,
[DISCLAIMER: This post is for Nuffnang Philippine’s Blogger Contest and not, in any way, sponsored. Everything written above is of my own.]