Thursdays are my free days from school, so I only have 4 days of classes. And since Friday was a holiday here in the Philippines, I am now having my 4th free day!
Although I’ve had quite a number of days for a vacation, I wasn’t able to enjoy it that much because of coughs and colds since Wednesday night. I originally felt sick Thursday morning, but I took meds and I felt a little bit better right away. Friday morning, I was feeling worse. They say timing’s a bitch and I agree. We were headed to our province to visit our relatives, while I’m still sick. I slept throughout the ride, water flowing through my whole body system, constantly blowing my nose, and more sleeping. I didn’t enjoy my short country vacation simply because I was sick.
Well, anyway, I’ve had my earphones stuck in my ear the whole time and these are just the few songs that I really liked and made me feel a teeny tiny bit better:
- Shots by Imagine Dragons – Lately I’ve been obsessing over Imagine Dragons. Call me “bandwagoner”, whatever, but they will be having their concert here next week so I listened to their songs and got addicted. This song is just one of my favorites from their Smoke + Mirrors album.
- Second Chances by Imagine Dragons – This is my most favorite from Smoke + Mirrors album. It just speaks to my heart and brings so much feels.
- Stay Stay Stay by Taylor Swift – This one’s from the Red album. It’s just so cute and very in love.
- Long Drive by Jason Mraz – Since it was a three-hour drive from Manila (where I live) to Batangas (where my province is), long drive speaks highly of this trip. At least, literally.
- You Don’t Own Me by Grace feat. G-Eazy – My current jam is this one!! It’s kind of an empowering song especially to girls who are in a dating-ish status right now. Love this.
- Marvin Gaye by Charlie Puth feat. Meghan Trainor – I really like this song because it sounds like a throwback song, though, I think it is. I like this one also because Puth, along with Wiz Khalifa, interpreted See You Again.
- Radioactive by Imagine Dragons – I’ve never been a fan of alternative rock until Radioactive. It’s my kind of rock.
- Worth It by Fifth Harmony – Girl power!! Plus it’s so sexy, with all the trumpet instrumental intro and all.
- This Love by Taylor Swift – This one’s from her 1989 album and I recently am liking this track. My all-time 1989 favorite would be You Are In Love, but This Love kind of speaks to me to rekindle an old flame. Just kidding, it’s not, and I’m not planning to, anyway.
- Goodnight Goodnight by Maroon 5 – My all-time Maroon 5 favorite!! Its music video is the most painful and I just love this song. Super!
Today’s the last day of weekend and I hope you guys are having a blast, while I try my best to feel my best for tomorrow.
Each title is linked to their respective audio/official music videos from Youtube. Feel free to listen to my sickly long weekend playlist!!!
Love and light,